Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Constitution Party

If you haven't done it already, there's a site where you can take a quiz about what you believe and support politically.  It popped up  on fakebook yesterday, and I took it.  I came closest to Darrell Castle, candidate of the Constitution Party.

You can see my results at the second link.  State sovereignty issues and an end to "foreign entanglements" are some of the points that push me up to over 80% agreement with Castle.  The Constitution Party is the Libertarian Party without the reefer and dead babies, but then I agree with Johnson, the Libertarian candidate, on more than three-fourths of the issues -- the same as with Trump.  I even have some agreement with Jill Stein of the Green Party on foreign policy.  I apparently agree with Clinton on a few minor issues.  I suppose a stopped clock is right twice a day.

The best thing that could happen to the States, and probably to the world, would be for a meteor to destroy Washington, D.C. and it's bureaucratic elite during next year's State of the Union address.  It couldn't be too a big meteor.  We don't want it to get out to where John lives.

Anyway, if you want to vote out of habit, like I'll probably do, you can find out which candidate best represents your point of view, and vote, as they say, your conscience.  

3 comments:

  1. "We don't want it to get out to where John lives."

    That's mighty thoughtful of you. I'll tell ya, I might take one for the team, though.

    Hmmm, looks like I should vote for Gary Johnson according to the quiz. Strange, I figured myself a Constitution Party guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine was pretty close. I'm a free-the-weed person. I can vote for anybody I want to in MO. Trump will get our ten measly electoral votes. You folks there in VA have to be responsible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny. My wife is saying that VA has gone too blue so she can vote for not Trump, not Hillary and not feel dirty.

    Me, it's gotta be Trump. Hillary is a definite disaster. Trump, only a likely disaster.

    ReplyDelete